Office & Communications Assistant
Application Deadline: September 20, 2021
Start Date: Immediate
Region: Downtown Toronto
Salary From: $40,000 To: $42,000
Employee Benefits: Health
The Bell Fund is a private independent production fund that provides financial support to the development and production of audiovisual content for broadcasting and digital platforms.
This position requires an individual with a strong administrative background, excellent communication skills (written, oral & comprehension), and strong skills using various social media platforms. The successful candidate will have independent judgement, initiative, and the ability to work well under pressure with multiple activities and deadlines. The candidate must be a team player that is comfortable in a small, open-concept office. Due to COVID, the successful candidate should be comfortable and highly motivated in a “work from home” setting. A working knowledge of the screen-based industries is strongly recommended.
The Office & Communications Assistant will report to the Executive Director and take day-to-day operational direction from the Deputy Directors in the Toronto and Montreal offices.
- Maintains the CRM & IPM, application & evaluation portals, keeping data up to date.
- Supports the program application process by creating charts, inputting application information & sending applications to evaluators.
- Liaises with service, software and equipment providers to resolve any technical problems that arise with email server, website, Wi-Fi, and office equipment.
- Processes invoices, tracks payments & contracts, and makes bank deposits.
- Creates corporate presentations, research & financial reports (including charts & graphs).
- Preparation of board documents and maintaining of board portal.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual reports, researching and compiling materials, as required.
- Manages paperwork, filing and mailing.
- Maintains a tidy, organized office, tracking & ordering supplies as needed.
- Other tasks, as required.
- Direct and frequent communication with the Production community by answering telephone calls, providing information about the Fund’s programs & guidelines, and responding to email inquiries.
- Monitors and updates social media by writing and posting various communications including deadline and program updates, press releases and industry events on website, and all relevant social media platforms.
- Manages mailing list, sends updates, and promotes industry events, via Mailchimp.
- A degree or diploma in media or communications.
- Experience working in the media/screen-based industry is welcomed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, online databases, and other web tools (i.e. Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload independently, while working well with a team.
- Excellent written, oral and comprehension skills.
- Experience with email marketing systems, preferably MailChimp.
- Technologically savvy and able to troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Familiarity with website development, social media tools and WordPress (basic knowledge of HTML).
- Ability to write for and post on website, Facebook & Twitter.
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients to ensure a positive outcome.
- Strong communicator with demonstrated experience & ability.
- Creative thinker with an ability to create under pressure and limitations.
- Fluency in French is an asset as Bell Fund has offices in Toronto & Montreal.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume and two references (names, email addresses and phone numbers) by 5pm on September 20, 2021 in a single PDF attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Office & Communications Assistant
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential. The fund is an equal opportunity employer.