The Bell Fund periodically reviews the Fund’s application and funding policies and procedures and has instituted the following changes effective immediately. These changes are not retroactive and do not apply to any projects that have already received funding.
See program guidelines for further detail. Below is a brief summary:
1. Henceforth, an unsuccessful application may re-apply at a later deadline only one additional time per program. This restriction applies to projects that have already submitted in previous years.
2. The Bell Fund has increased its digital media labour allowable compensation ranges as follows:
• Junior personnel range : $15 to $30 / hour
i.e.; Assistant Designers, Illustrators, Assistant
Graphic Artists, Junior Programmers, Testing Labour, Administrative Labour, etc.
• Intermediate personnel range : $30 to $60 / hour
i.e.; Project Coordinators, Leads, Graphic Designers, Storyboard Artists, mid-range Programmers, Select testing labour, etc.
• Senior personnel range : $55 to $100/ hour
i.e.; High-end Leads, Production Supervisor, Project Managers, specialized Design personnel, Art Directors, specialized Programmers and integrators, etc.
3. The Bell Fund has aligned its requirements for third party financial review for Review Engagement and Audit with other funds. The new requirements for all programs are as follows:
• Projects with budgets less than $249,999: Producer must provide a signed final cost report.
• Projects with budgets between $250,000 – $499,999: Producer must provide a signed final cost report and a Review Engagement report provided by a certified independent public accountant who is at arms-length from the Producer.
• Projects with budgets equal or greater than $500,000: Producer must provide a signed final cost report and a full audit of production costs, conducted by a certified accountant at arms-length from the Producer.
4. The Bell Fund now requires a completed Broadcaster Support Form to accompany any application to the Development program in order to confirm eligibility.